Friday, January 20, 2012


Content & Form :
As in all things, knowledge is matured by experience. What once were simple instructions, now has a far more profound meaning to me in my life. My master always used to to tell me that there were two things that made up life and were inherent in my practice...content and form. He said that content was the essential “substance“ and that  form was the structure in which to develop it.
 Form gave one the proper structure to properly develop one’s energy and  consciousness .
 It gave one a method to develop & examine one‘s  daily practice and taught us to “ feel “ what was naturally occurring within us ...but he emphasized that content  was the  source and actual “substance“ that was being cultivated.
The form was always maintained and refined but the content was completely transmutable.
His point being that, once you understood the underlying  root principles taught through the proper form and daily practice after a long period of time, the essence of these principles should penetrate your  consciousness and even sub-conscious. So...that once content was truly cultivated and perceived , that the form could be let go of and should be secondary to concentrating on the content and the energy being  cultivated.
In truth, form was a limitation once the content had been sufficiently cultivated and the principles thoroughly understood. He said that form was no longer the primary focus but the natural  flow & cultivation of one’s energy and consciousness was the main goal and the purest expression of understanding these principles.
Now, after many years of practice, i understand what he had been telling me all along...and just like he told me, after living my life and developing my skills  over a long period of time, THAT experience has matured my knowledge and understanding of the essential  principles that are inherent in my practice and my existence on Earth.
And so.. accordingly,   i have adapted my practice to make it “mine“ , channeling the content, using the form as a blueprint but allowing myself to freely express the energy that naturally flows from the source.
And i know my master would have wanted it just that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment